Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pattern Drafting Course

O.k. I'm a fabric-a-holic. So sue me. I have more fabric than I know what to do with, but like many women, if I see a really great deal, I can't pass it up.
(sigh) It's a good thing Peter is loving and caring and humours my quirks.

That being said, there is a Pattern Drafting course at Georgian College (night). It's a tad out of my price range, however, it'd be such a great tool to have. The one thing that holds me back from sewing for others is the fact that I have no clue how to change or adapt a pattern for different body types. The same with adding or changing style features. I have no idea how to make a neck bigger or a bust smaller, or even to make pants with a fly fit comfortable for someone who would be happy wearing elastic waist everything.... (Mom) I'd love to be able to take measurements properly and apply them to a pattern (or make my own), then create it for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment