Have you ever thought that if you could only motivate yourself to be like the athletes who train everyday and all day, you'd get so much more accomplished?
Take today for example. I was very motivated today and have so far accomplished a lot. The kids got homework signed and were ready to go 10min early before school, I walked them to the bus stop, I practiced piano for 40 minutes, folded two loads of laundry, put another load in the washer, tidied the bedroom, cleaned the kitchen, swept the hallway, drank a pot of green tea (which means I was in the washroom all morning) , picked up the kids at school for lunch, dropped off Breanna early so she could play, went to the Library with Meaghan, picked out 2 books for her, put four on Interlibrary loan for me, dropped off Meaghan on time, went home and cleaned up the mess from lunch, I fixed a pair of the kids pants, I fixed a pair of my pants...
If only I could make every day this functional.
(now I can check "blog" off my "to do" list - next task will be to finish sewing a bag for work... and put laundry in the drier... then cut out Easter dresses for the kids... and an Easter dress for me... and fix Peters pants, put elastic in 3 pairs of leggings, practice my flute, help with homework, make after school snacks and teach piano....)
:) I'm getting tired just thinking of it... I'm glad I'm not an athlete...
So true isn't it? I have days like that, and days I just can't seem to get anything done, when dear Gord's comment one day was "Glad to see you rescued the kids" After my blank questioning stare, he continued with "from the cyclone that tore through this place" :P Luckily for him I agreed.
ReplyDelete