Tuesday, July 28, 2009

“Company”

 

 

“Whatcha you doing?’

“Cleaning the kitchen floor with a Magic Eraser”

I say between labored breathing, as I get up to rinse the white pad that is slowly deteriorating the further I get across the floor.

“oh, I guess we’re having company over.”

I begin to ponder this, realizing that I only clean the house intensely when I know I’m having family over.  Now I clean …but only now and then do I really clean.  Cleaning for me is usually just the basics that will get us through to another day or weekend.  Peter and I pay the kids $5 to ‘do’ the bathrooms, and vacuuming has been known to happen (though I must admit it’s not high on my priorities)… surely the last time I vacuumed this month at some time… I sigh…

“Yes dear, we are having company… now would you mind handing me the Windex?  It’s time for the windows...”

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA Don't blame me! I'm thinking this is "Mom and Dad are coming" cleaning...

    ReplyDelete